Nashville (4/19/02)—Country living legend, GEORGE JONES, slipped yesterday and broke his right foot. The singer had stopped in for a bite of lunch at a fast food establishment where he lost his footing and twisted his ankle. He didn’t initially realize he broke his foot until he was home a few hours and decided to get it checked because of pain and swelling. Doctors determined he had broken it and informed him he would have to stay off his feet for a few days and then wear a foam boot brace for the next six weeks. Consequently, Jones will have to cancel his concert performances scheduled for tonight (4/19) in Tyler, Texas at the Oil Palace and tomorrow (4/20) at the Civic Center in Muskogee, OK. Those performances have already been rescheduled for Saturday, May 4 in Tyler, Texas and Sunday, May 12 in Muskogee, OK. Ticket holders for those shows should hold onto them and they will be honored for the newly scheduled dates.
- ROLLING STONE: STARS HONOR GEORGE JONES AT MASSIVE NASHVILLE TRIBUTE CONCERT ALAN
- AP: STARS LINE UP TO PAY TRIBUTE TO GEORGE JONES
- PHOTOS FROM THE GEORGE JONES TRIBUTE CONCERT
- CMT: GEORGE JONES TRIBUTE CONCERT BRINGS OUT COUNTRY MUSIC TITANS
- THANKS MIKE HUCKABEE FOR EMCEEING THE SHOW ON FRIDAY AND YOUR WONDERFUL WORDS ON THE HUCKABEE SHOW!
- LEGACY OF GEORGE JONES MUST BE PRESERVED
- GEORGE JONES CELEBRATED AT NASHVILLE TRIBUTE CONCERT