Nashville (4/19/02)—Country living legend, GEORGE JONES, slipped yesterday and broke his right foot. The singer had stopped in for a bite of lunch at a fast food establishment where he lost his footing and twisted his ankle. He didn’t initially realize he broke his foot until he was home a few hours and decided to get it checked because of pain and swelling. Doctors determined he had broken it and informed him he would have to stay off his feet for a few days and then wear a foam boot brace for the next six weeks. Consequently, Jones will have to cancel his concert performances scheduled for tonight (4/19) in Tyler, Texas at the Oil Palace and tomorrow (4/20) at the Civic Center in Muskogee, OK. Those performances have already been rescheduled for Saturday, May 4 in Tyler, Texas and Sunday, May 12 in Muskogee, OK. Ticket holders for those shows should hold onto them and they will be honored for the newly scheduled dates.
- THE SWON BROTHERS PAY TRIBUTE TO GEORGE JONES WITH “WHO’S GONNA FILL THEIR SHOES” ON “THE VOICE”
- GEORGE JONES FINAL NASHVILLE CONCERT TO TAKE PLACE AS A ‘TRIBUTE SHOW’
- FRIENDS PAY TRIBUTE TO GEORGE JONES AT FUNERAL
- MUSIC CITY MOURNS COUNTRY LEGEND GEORGE JONES IN MEMORIAL AT GRAND OLE OPRY HOUSE
- KEITH RICHARDS: GEORGE JONES WAS 'PURE AMERICAN MUSIC'
- GEORGE JONES FUNERAL SERVICE DETAILS ANNOUNCED
- GEORGE JONES FUNERAL SERVICE WILL INCLUDE LAURA BUSH, KENNY CHESNEY AND MANY MORE