“This is a very sad day for me as well as for millions of music fans around the world,” said George Jones. “John was a very dear friend – we had a long history together. We both went through a lot of messes in the old days but ended up realizing what was important in life and changed our ways. I just went out and visited him a few weeks ago and he looked so good and was busy recording new material. I know that the angels will sing today and heaven is a better place with the addition of Johnny Cash. I’m sure he is happier now that he is with his beloved June.”
- THE SWON BROTHERS PAY TRIBUTE TO GEORGE JONES WITH “WHO’S GONNA FILL THEIR SHOES” ON “THE VOICE”
- GEORGE JONES FINAL NASHVILLE CONCERT TO TAKE PLACE AS A ‘TRIBUTE SHOW’
- FRIENDS PAY TRIBUTE TO GEORGE JONES AT FUNERAL
- MUSIC CITY MOURNS COUNTRY LEGEND GEORGE JONES IN MEMORIAL AT GRAND OLE OPRY HOUSE
- KEITH RICHARDS: GEORGE JONES WAS 'PURE AMERICAN MUSIC'
- GEORGE JONES FUNERAL SERVICE DETAILS ANNOUNCED
- GEORGE JONES FUNERAL SERVICE WILL INCLUDE LAURA BUSH, KENNY CHESNEY AND MANY MORE