George Jones was recently honored by his hometown of Beaumont, Texas, on Friday (March 24), by pressing his boots into a wet cement slab that will be placed on display in front of the city’s Ford Arena. Jones was in town for a concert with Merle Haggard, who also attended the ceremony. Jones is the seventh southeast Texas native to be honored in Ford Park’s Walk of Fame. Other inductees include Tracy Byrd, Janis Joplin, Clay Walker and Edgar Winter.
- THE SWON BROTHERS PAY TRIBUTE TO GEORGE JONES WITH “WHO’S GONNA FILL THEIR SHOES” ON “THE VOICE”
- GEORGE JONES FINAL NASHVILLE CONCERT TO TAKE PLACE AS A ‘TRIBUTE SHOW’
- FRIENDS PAY TRIBUTE TO GEORGE JONES AT FUNERAL
- MUSIC CITY MOURNS COUNTRY LEGEND GEORGE JONES IN MEMORIAL AT GRAND OLE OPRY HOUSE
- KEITH RICHARDS: GEORGE JONES WAS 'PURE AMERICAN MUSIC'
- GEORGE JONES FUNERAL SERVICE DETAILS ANNOUNCED
- GEORGE JONES FUNERAL SERVICE WILL INCLUDE LAURA BUSH, KENNY CHESNEY AND MANY MORE