George Jones was recently honored by his hometown of Beaumont, Texas, on Friday (March 24), by pressing his boots into a wet cement slab that will be placed on display in front of the city’s Ford Arena. Jones was in town for a concert with Merle Haggard, who also attended the ceremony. Jones is the seventh southeast Texas native to be honored in Ford Park’s Walk of Fame. Other inductees include Tracy Byrd, Janis Joplin, Clay Walker and Edgar Winter.
- REST IN PEACE HERB KINMAN
- BLUEGRASS QUEEN RHONDA VINCENT PAYS TRIBUTE TO GEORGE JONES
- CPM EXHIBIT HONORS JONES’S LEGACY
- EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS FROM GEORGE JONES TRIBUTE CONCERT FEATURED IN COUNTRY WEEKLY
- VIP TICKET HOLDER PHOTOS FROM GEORGE JONES TRIBUTE CONCERT
- ROLLING STONE: STARS HONOR GEORGE JONES AT MASSIVE NASHVILLE TRIBUTE CONCERT ALAN
- AP: STARS LINE UP TO PAY TRIBUTE TO GEORGE JONES