George Jones was recently honored by his hometown of Beaumont, Texas, on Friday (March 24), by pressing his boots into a wet cement slab that will be placed on display in front of the city’s Ford Arena. Jones was in town for a concert with Merle Haggard, who also attended the ceremony. Jones is the seventh southeast Texas native to be honored in Ford Park’s Walk of Fame. Other inductees include Tracy Byrd, Janis Joplin, Clay Walker and Edgar Winter.
- ROLLING STONE: STARS HONOR GEORGE JONES AT MASSIVE NASHVILLE TRIBUTE CONCERT ALAN
- AP: STARS LINE UP TO PAY TRIBUTE TO GEORGE JONES
- PHOTOS FROM THE GEORGE JONES TRIBUTE CONCERT
- CMT: GEORGE JONES TRIBUTE CONCERT BRINGS OUT COUNTRY MUSIC TITANS
- THANKS MIKE HUCKABEE FOR EMCEEING THE SHOW ON FRIDAY AND YOUR WONDERFUL WORDS ON THE HUCKABEE SHOW!
- LEGACY OF GEORGE JONES MUST BE PRESERVED
- GEORGE JONES CELEBRATED AT NASHVILLE TRIBUTE CONCERT